Points below are important to know in order to set up a Home Based Business:
- To claim your license for you to establish your home based business the owner must be at least 18 years of age
- The owner should most importantly be a resident of the house from where the business will be carried out.
- Annual fee for licensing is QAR 1,020, only one house is allowed to register per license
- The license holder is not legally allowed to recruit any worker from abroad.
- License holders are only allowed to engage in direct sales to the public from home, Licenses can be issued by Ministry of Economy and Commerce MEC.
- Home-based businesses permitted by the ministry include sewing, cooking, creating antiques and gifts, preparing and packaging gifts, designing cards and gifts by hand, arranging natural and artificial flowers, electronic services including computer-based general designs, packaging and binding school textbooks, preparation of perfumes, beauty products, coffee, spices and meals.
- A civil defence certificate is also required for cooking at home.
Apply for a Home License (Ministry of Commerce and Industry)
- Topics : Business and Finance, Visas and Official Documents
- Audience : Business
Local investors may submit a request online to the Commercial Registration and Licensing Department at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) to apply for a home license.
- Login to the Investor Services, entering the username and password.
- Select “Commercial Licenses” service, and then “Application for a Home License”.
- Enter all the required data, and attach the following documents:
- A pledge from the licensee (that he/she will not violate the license conditions).
- Copy of the Applicant’s ID card.
- Ownership act only, in case the property is registered as a villa or a popular house. In case of registering a vacant land, then a building completion certificate is required.
- No objection letter from the owner and a copy of the ID (in case the house is rented).
- No objection letter from the guardian and a copy of the ID card (if the license is for a member of the household first-degree relatives only).
- In case of food activity: “Copy of the licensee’s health certificate and providing of civil defense requirements”.
- Pay appropriate fees to apply for a home license.
- Download and fill out the paper form, then get it signed by the authorized signatory.
- Attach the above-mentioned, required documents, and submit them along with the signed application form, to the public service officer at MOCI or any of its branches.
- MOCI headquarters in Lusail City – First Floor (Check Google Maps)
- All MOCI branches clarified on MOCI website
QR 1020 fee applies.
You can check the service information page on MOCI website.