Garlic is such a unique ingredient & holds its spot in almost all cuisine around the world. From Asia to Europe you can see a huge influence of garlic being an integral part of the food. Due to its strong & sweet nature, it can really elevate the dish, but how about using in abundance….?
Here is a recipe showcasing the beauty of garlic in generous amount… my adaptation of garlic soup or Shorba.
Garlic cloves- 80gm
White onion- 50gm
White pepper powder- 5gm
Cumin Powder- 10gm
Egg yolk- 3 nos.
Cooking cream – 100 ml
Salt – To taste
Butter or Olive oil or sun flower oil- 20ml
Vegetable stock/ chicken stock or water – 500 ml
- Prepare all the ingredients like peeling garlic, onions & roughly slicing them.
- Take a soup pan or heavy bottom pan, add oil or butter, drop in the garlic & onions on a slow heat.
- Sauté those for couple of minutes without coloring or getting it brown.
- Add salt & white pepper, keep stirring on low flame.
- Add choice of the stock you want to use as per taste. It tastes great with chicken stock as my personal favorite.
- Bring it boil, add cooking cream & simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Using a blender mix all together. Now here is the tricky part about adding egg yolk.
- Dilute the eggs with little water-cream & quickly whisk in the soup before serving. Do not reheat again as it might coagulate the eggs.
- Enjoy with friends & family with any choice of bread like toast or croutons too.