The best hair products nourish hair and won’t cause damage. If this is what you are looking for, then essential oils for hair care are the best products for you. These oils have unique properties that promote healthy and silky smooth tresses. Many types of essential oils are added to various hair products such as shampoos. You can also use them on their own and apply them directly to your hair. Include essential oils in your hair care routine and get gorgeous hair that matches the effects of luxurious hair treatments.
What is an essential oil?
Essential oils are derived from different plant parts. Essential oils are plant by-products whose smell or odor changes their state quickly making them a volatile aromatic compound. This is why when you open a bottle of essential oils, you instantly notice the potent aroma. The molecules that correspond to the oil’s smell moves through the air quickly. Essential oils are highly concentrated substances extracted from flowers, leaves, stems, roots, seeds, bark, resin, or fruit rinds. They contain potent antimicrobial properties and have a wide range of therapeutic effects. Often, these oils are used for their flavor and their medicinal and therapeutic properties in different products such as food, medicines, and cosmetics. When buying essential oils, you must watch out for fakes and replicas. Synthetic chemicals cannot substitute essential oils. Only pure oils contain the aromatic and therapeutic components that cheap imitations cannot reproduce.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils for Hair
Among their many uses, essential oils have applications for your hair care. They provide a non-toxic way to care for your hair through unique chemical compositions that provide different benefits. Essential oils cleanse, nourish, and moisturize your hair naturally. Whether you want to clean your hair or have soft and shiny strands, using essential oils will help improve the look and feel of your hair. Some of the well-known benefits of essential oils are listed below.
- Moisturizes Dry Hair and Scalp Dry scalp happens when your scalp does not produce enough natural oils to moisturize your hair. Various factors such as your environment or overusing chemical treatments can cause drying as well. Different essential oils improve the condition of your scalp while others improve the condition of your hair. Both are very important to promote the overall health of your hair. Essential oils have moisturizing properties that are absorbed by our scalp and our hair strands. This results in optimal hydration so that your hair looks shiny and feels soft.
- Thickens Hair Learning how to thicken hair naturally will make a huge difference for those who suffer from hair loss or hair thinning. There are various essential oils that thicken hair by improving blood circulation in the hair follicles. These oils are remedies that will help you prevent thinning and give you more voluminous locks.
- Adds Shine Dry hair easily breaks, looks dull, and lacks shine. Essential oils make your hair soft and shiny. These oils also work wonders in removing frustrating tangles from your hair. When you have tangle-free hair, your tresses are sure to look silky smooth.
- Reduces Frizz and Damage Frizzy hair can be the result of the weather. It is also common to certain hair types or on damaged hair. There are so many factors that damage your hair from chemical exposure to the overuse of beauty products and tools. Essential oils provide an effective way to improve your hair’s condition. Applying these oils helps in hair cell repair and makes it regenerate faster. Strong and beautiful hair is easily achievable with essential oils.
- Promotes Healthy Scalp A healthy scalp is important if you want heathy hair. When your scalp is healthy, it produces the right amount of natural oils to moisturize hair. Essential oils cleanse and hydrate the scalp effectively. Though different oils have their own benefits, ultimately they stimulate the scalp for stronger and healthier hair.
Few essential oils for hair:
Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender is sweet, soothing, and fragrant oil. It is an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic oil that provides relief for dandruff and damaged hair. When the lavender essential oil is massaged into your scalp, it can stimulate blood circulation, promote hair growth, and prevent hair thinning.
Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rosemary oil has a minty and earthy aroma. It promotes hair thickness and growth through stimulating the blood circulation in the scalp and hair follicles. This is best for those with oily hair since it balances the natural oils produced by the scalp for healthy and strong hair.
Chamomile Essential Oil
- Chamomile is a flower in the daisy family with a smoothing sweet smell. When applied to scalp its anti-inflammatory properties relieve various scalp issues. This oil adds softness and shine to your hair while calming irritation. It also promotes faster and healthier hair growth.
- Coconut oil acts as a heat protectant and repairs damaged hair. When used as a hair moisturizer, your scalp absorbs the coconut oil and locks in moisture to keep your hair healthy. Its vitamins and minerals hydrate hair and regulate natural oils as it keeps your hair non-greasy and fresh.
- Argan oil is filled with beneficial ingredients that protect hair from sun damage and promotes healthy hair cell development. Rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, this oil will help you have softer and more manageable hair. It also prevents frizz and moisturizes scalp to prevent dryness.
Anyapurba Sarkar (Annie)
Follow Me On Social Media