ENVIRONMENTAL AMBASSADORS OF QATAR – CLASS OF 2020
A joint initiative by
QATAR GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL & ARAB YOUTH CLIMATE MOVEMENT QATAR
WHAT IS ‘ENVIRONMENTAL AMBASSADORS OF QATAR’?
This transformational movement requires not only the collaboration of the public and private sector, but also the involvement of the youth who are the present and future of Qatar to understand and take part in influencing and implementing this change for the future.
Therefore, QGBC has joined hands with AYCMQ to launch The Environmental Ambassadors of Qatar. The Program is an active, educational leadership program, a first of its kind in the state of Qatar focused on timeless, universal ecological principles applicable to all-natural ecosystems for those interested in personal, collaborative, and community engaged learning. The program offers opportunities for critical and creative engagement, and experiences for youth to practice their leadership skills and sustainability competencies through learning, planning, and idea implementation.
The topics will range from climate change, terrestrial ecosystem, oceans, plastic pollution, seed conservation to renewable energy, waste management, voluntary simplicity, etc. After a rigorous selection process, the individuals will be trained to dedicate part of their time to raising awareness of the subject and highlight the current status and what needs to be done through a year-long campaign in social media, public events, schools, Universities and other relevant platforms.
The program will foster confidence and creativity in the ambassadors through education and team building to empower them to connect, promote and take action in their communities at home, school, universities, thus becoming Ambassadors of the Environment and Sustainability at large.
The Ambassadors will spotlight topics such as:
• Climate Change
• Air Pollution
• Plastic pollution
• Terrestrial biodiversity/Marine biodiversity
• Food chain and web
• Natural cycles (carbon/nitrogen/oxygen/water/nutrient)
• Ecological services
• Guardians of seeds
• Metaphors between human cities and natural ecosystems
• Sustainability in nature and human communities
• Environmental Conservation
• Connections: person to person, creature to creature, land to sea, and present to future
• To develop knowledge of and respect for the environment.
• To show how people depend on and impact the natural environment.
• To inspire everyone to protect natural resources and to live in an environmentally responsible manner
• To empower youth with the knowledge and resources to become Environmental Ambassador in their communities, advocating and promoting sustainable living.
TIMELINE: 1 Year Programme.
- Complete the application form below by Saturday 4 July 2020
- Send your CV to email@example.com
- Selected candidates will be contacted by Monday 17 August 2020