Doha: Based on the indicators of the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community, as well as public health indicators which are continuously monitored in the State of Qatar, the second part of the fourth phase of the gradual lifting of restrictions will start tomorrow, Tuesday, September 15, the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management said in a statement.
“With the gradual lifting of Coronavirus restrictions, the Committee stresses that it is necessary to continue adhering to these measures at all times, especially during the coming period which will see further lifting of restrictions,” the statement said.
From the beginning of part two of phase four, the relevant authorities will continue to assess the situation and consider re-imposing or lifting some restrictions based on developments and health indicators.
The restrictions lifted as of 1 September will remain in place, and the second portion of phase four will include the following:
– Increasing the capacity of cinemas and theaters to 30%, provided that all precautionary measures are followed and allowing only those who are 18 years and above to enter.
– Reducing the capacity of gyms, health clubs and public swimming pools to 30%, while following all precautionary measures that have been previously announced by the relevant authorities.
The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management emphasises that the evaluation of lifting or imposing further measures depends on the cooperation of everyone and the commitment to following precautionary measures, including wearing masks while outside, washing hands, maintaining a safe distance, and activating the Ehteraz application.