Majority of us are an ardent coffee and dark chocolate lover, isn’t it? Are you in for some treat? While we all know that too much caffeine and chocolate is bad for our health, let me share a good news with you! Both of them are wonder ingredients for your hair, besides helping us with our mood swings, chocolate and coffee happens to be super ingredients for achieving shinier and healthier hair.
PS: Neither am fond of coffee nor chocolate. All I do is, use these two to nourish my hair. The best therapy to stay happy is self-love and self-care. Unless you love yourself, you cannot love others and spread happiness all around. Nowadays, many beauty products offer hair masks with chocolate and coffee. Also hair spas using these products are a bit expensive. Well it’s a wonderful procedure but wasting money for a simple procedure must be quite taxing. For some unplanned occasions or when we cannot afford time at salons, I’d like to offer an easy homemade hair mask made from melted chocolate and roasted coffee. You will be surprised with the result – your hair will soft and smooth as silk and I feel it’s anytime better than any commercial product in the market (Unless you retouch your photo with photo shop. LoL)
I was initially sceptic and didn’t believe in its effectiveness until I tried for the first time. Since then it’s one of my favorite hair masks and hence sharing it with all who wants to have a shinier and beautiful hair (with more volume). As I keep on repeating, nothing is instant. Any routine is time based and we need to be consistent and persistent with our beauty care journey.
- Roasted coffee – 3 tsp (depending on the volume of hair)
- Melted dark chocolate – Half a chocolate bar (depending on the volume of hair)
- 2 eggs with yolk (for dry, brittle and frizzy hair)
- 3 to 4 egg whites (for oily hair, skip the egg yolk)
- L’Oréal Elvive Hair Serum – 2 to 3 drops
Direction to use:
- Mix all of the ingredients and set it aside for 30 to 45 minutes in a steel vessel.
- Keep the hair mask for 30 to 45 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo
Tips: Use roasted coffee as it imparts a natural brown color to your hair.
Benefits of coffee:
- Prevents Hair Loss: Coffee powder for hair contains caffeine which helps stimulates hair follicles, triggering stronger growth.
- Improved Hair Texture: Coffee for hair strengthens them from within, improving the overall quality and texture of it. Caffeine, when applied to hair directly is absorbed by the follicles, making them softer and shinier, instantly.
- Improves Scalp Circulation: Coffee is strong stimulant which helps improve the circulation on scalp, making hair grow faster and healthier.
- Exfoliates Scalp: When the scalp is really oily and grimy, this hair mask is all we need. It scrubs off the dead skin cells and also keeps your scalp clean and fresh. Plus, every time scrubbing away the dead skin, new cells push out thicker, stronger and shinier hair.
Benefits of dark chocolate:
- Promote Hair Growth: Dark chocolate is rich in minerals and vitamins; it promotes hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp.
- Prevent Scalp Infection: It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These properties reduce scalp infections and maintain a healthy scalp.
- Reduces Hair Loss: It contains vitamins and minerals like iron and zinc that help prevent hair loss. Iron content reduces hair thinning and discoloration. Also, vitamin A increases oxygen flow to the scalp. Zinc keeps our scalp clean and fight dandruff. So dark chocolate encourages cell renewal in the scalp area and stimulates hair growth.
- Protection from Sun Damage: It protects our hair and scalp from sun damage as it has properties which helps to nourish and hydrate the scalp.
Anyapurba Sarkar (Annie)
For More Homemade Masks Follow Me On
(DISCLAIMER:-Kindly note I am not a medical professional. Please consult a dermatologist for any serious medical condition or before applying anything on Face,Hair or body)