What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive phrases that can help you train your mind to believe in what you affirm and when you repeat these phrases often while believing in them ,surprisingly you will start seeing same things turning into reality in your life. The stronger your belief, the faster you reap the benefits.
What is the purpose of using affirmations?
Well, our conscious mind makes up less than 10% of our brain function and 90% is subconscious. And we don’t even try to use the power it holds. Its like a child, you can train it just the way you like with positive or negative affirmations and it will show in your waking life. The more you feed the subconscious with repeated positive phrases the more miraculous effect it will have on you.
How to do affirmations?
Take a few deep breaths, collect your thoughts and be present in the moment. Preferably in front of a mirror looking straight at yourself saying your affirmations out loud .you should practice it every morning before starting your routine and at night before going to bed.
One can also write their affirmations 21 times in morning and night respectively, again with intention and belief.
Why is it done in present tense?
Affirmations should be done in present tense to train your subconscious that it is happening now. And one should avoid words such as “could” “should” etc, which may suggest uncertainty .
I could/should have a car. (uncertain)
I have a car. (surety)
Some Daily affirmations
- I believe in my dreams. Believe in yourself and all that you are. …
- I am doing my best every day. …
- I love myself for who i am. …
- I am in charge of my own happiness. …
- I accept 100% responsibility for my own life. …
- The best is yet to come. …
- I am grateful for every day.
- I don’t chase, I attract. Hats mine will simply find me.
- For Balancing everything in your life: I R5 (Revive, Recognise, Realign, Reorient and Reposition) my emotional, physical, Spiritual and Financial safety.
- For better Immunity: I remain open to all positive shifts in my life.
There is evidence that the higher your self-esteem, the more effective affirmations can be. However, this research also found that if you have low self-esteem, positive affirmations actually make you feel worse, because they set up a conflict between the positive state you desire and the negative feelings you currently experience. If this applies to you, work on Boosting Your Self-Esteem before you use affirmations.
The Above Article is Written by
Aditya Nair, (Intuitive Tarot Reader & Chakra Healing Practitioner)