The Ministry of Interior allows individuals and companies in Qatar to renew residence permit online for 1 to 3 years. The service is available for Qataris, residents and companies holding Qatari Smart ID Cards.
- Login with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI.
- Click on “Residency Services” then “Renew Residency”.
- Renewal for individuals: select the QID number to be renewed (maximum five numbers at a time).
- Renewal for companies: select the QID number to be renewed (maximum twenty numbers at a time), and click “Add”.
- Choose the renewal period for the selected RP.
- Select the delivery option for the new residence permit.
- Pay the applicable fees.
- Download and fill out application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- Copy of valid employer’s ID (Personal sponsorships)
- Copy of valid employer’s Establishment ID (Government entities, institutions, companies, and others)
- Submit the application form along with the necessary documents to the Expatriates Affairs Department.
- RPs renewal can be made 3 months prior to the expiry date.
- The system displays the RP rejection reason for any personal number in the “Status” box.
- The applicant should select the method of receiving the new residence permit which is via Qatar Post delivery.
- The applicant will pay using the credit card for personal or companies’ transactions. The delivery fees (if any) must be paid.
- After successful payment, a receipt will be shown to the applicant.
- You can also renew Residence Permits through Metrash2.
- QR500, for wife, children, and family sponsorships.
- QR1000, for employees sponsored by companies, institutions and shops.
- QR300, employees on personal sponsorships, servants, farmers and sailors.
- There is a 20% discount, in case of three-year renewal (for personal sponsorship, companies, wife, children and family sponsorship).
- An extra QR20 to be paid in case of selecting Qatar Post for delivery.