Grilled Chimichurri Lobster and Chimichurri Potato Salad is the easiest feast to come off the grill! A simple chimichurri made with good olive oil and red wine vinegar adds zing to grilled lobster and an herbed potato salad.
For The Chimichurri Sauce:
- 4 large garlic cloves, 2 ½ cups fresh cilantro, ½ cup of parsley, ¼ cup vinegar, ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
For the Potato Salad:
- 2 lbs red potatoes, ¾ cup finely chopped red onion about ½ onion, ½ cup chopped radishes, ½ cup chimichurri sauce, ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley, 1/3 cup fresh dill springs, koshar salf to taste, freshly ground black pepper to taste, additional extra virgin olive oil.
For the grilled lobster:
2 Lobsters 1 ½ pounds each, split lengthwise and cleaned
¼ cup Bertolli 100 % pure olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil
For the Grilled instructions – Make the Chimichurri sauce:
- Using a food processor, finely chop the garlic, Add cilantro, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and cayenne pepper, and until the cilantro is finely chopped. Set aside or store in the refrigerator if making in advance.
Make the Potato Salad:
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Drop in the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, or until a knife easily inserts into the potatoes, but be careful not to overcook the potatoes. You want them to still have some shape. Strain the potatoes in a colander, then lightly cover with the kitchen towel and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. Transfer a bowl, along with the onions and radishes, Toss in about ¼ cup of the chimichurri sauce, adding more if necessary. Fold in the parsley and dill, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Right before serving, stir in another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Make the Grilled Lobster:
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Trim the claws off the lobster. Lightly brush the lobster tails and claws with Bertolli 100 % pure olive oil and put on the grill, placing the tails onto the grill flesh side down. Cook for about 3 minutes, then flip the lobster and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes, or until the lobster is bright red and cooked. Flip the lobster tails again, and brush the lobster with the chimichurri sauce. Remove from the grill. Brush with additional chimichurri sauce and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Notes from my kitchen:
Make it ahead: prepare the chimichurri sauce and potato salad the night before you plan to serve this meal. All that’s left is to grill the lobster! Alternatively, you could also grill the lobster in advance and serve it cold.
I equally pay attention to people health and would like to provide health benefits with every dish which goes out of my kitchen.
Calories: 592 kcal || Carbohydrates: 41g || Protein: 16g || Fat: 41g || Saturated Fat: 6g || Cholesterol: 80mg || Sodium: 906mg || Potassium 1341mg || Fiber: 5g || Sugar: 5g || Vitamin A: 1348IU || Vitamin C: 37mg || Calcium: 109 mg || Iron: 3mg
The young chef—graduated from the, Institute of Hotel Management, Faridabad, India and trained under heavyweights such as Chefs Sagar and Chef Ramzi Fitouri (French Restaurant Named – Lange Doux in Kuwait & Souq Waqif Hotels in Qatar). He was offered the job of a flight steward at 18, but instead, chose to train with JW Marriot Aero city in Delhi, India.
Facebook: Karan Chef Serswal
Instagram: Karan Chef Serswal