Home Blogs What is the Procedure if your QID is Lost or Damaged??

What is the Procedure if your QID is Lost or Damaged??


Replace Lost or Damaged Residence Permit (For Non-Qataris)

Residents can apply online to replace their lost or damaged residence permit cards through the online portal of the Ministry of Interior (MOI).

Online Instructions

  • Login with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI.
  • Select “Residence Services” from the list, then choose the service type (Replace Lost or Replace Damaged).
  • Enter the information of the expat who wants to issue Residence Permit/QID card (Either for himself/herself, or for one of the family members), in addition to the mobile number.
  • Select the delivery option: Personally from Expatriates Affairs Department, or by mail courier via Qatar Postal Services Company.
  • In case of selecting the mail courier delivery option, the address should be entered, and its information validity checkbox should be ticked.
  • Pay fees and print/save receipt.

Additional Information

  • Applicants must be inside the country.
  • If you need to replace a lost QID card, you must submit an “Implicit” security notification for the lost card.


QR200, in addition to QR20 mail courier delivery fees (if applicable).


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here