Issue Health Card
Citizens and residents of Qatar may apply for a health card to access the services provided by any of the public healthcare facilities or hospitals in the country.
- Visit nearest Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) center nearest to where you live, fill out appropriate forms, and you will be issued a PHCC health file number.
- Bring the following documents and pay appropriate fees:
– Qatari Adults: Copies of your passport or ID, passport-size photo (4cm X 3cm).
– Qatari Children: Birth certificate with Qatar personal identity number or passport, passport-size photograph and vaccination card (for first time issue).
– GCC National Adult Residents: Copy of passport or ID with Qatar personal identity number, passport-size photograph and your old health card (in case of renewals).
– GCC National Child Residents: Birth certificate or passport with Qatar personal identity number, one passport-size photo, vaccination card (for first time issue for children born in Qatar) and old health card (in case of renewals).
– Adult Residents: Valid QID or passport with valid residence permit and passport-size photo.
– Children: Passport with valid residence permit, passport-size photo and vaccination card (for first time issue and for those born in Qatar or who had their vaccinations in Qatar).
– Domestic Staff: Valid passport with valid residence permit, passport-size photo and original QID of sponsor.
– All: Copy of utility bill (phone, water/electricity) to prove where you live.
Nearest PHCC center to where you live.
- The health card contains your ID number, nationality, photo and date of expiration, and it is available to all residents of Qatar.
- The health center will either issue your card immediately or ask you to return within a few days to collect it.
- Consultations or non-emergency treatments may cost extra, but will be subsidized for those who hold a valid health card.
- Holders of a health card can also have their prescriptions filled at a government-run pharmacy at subsidized rates.
- You must pay using a credit card. No cash is accepted.
- Please note that health cards are issued during morning working hours only.
- Renewing your health card is a simple process and can be done immediately at all HMC hospitals. All you need is ask any of the Patient and Visitor Service Center employees to guide to the place where health cards are renewed inside each hospital.
- You may also renew your health card online through Hukoomi.
- In case of loss of valid health card, a citizen pays QR50, and r resident QR100, and in case of loss of expired card, a citizen pays QR100 and a resident QR200.
- For more information about the service, call PHCC customer service line ‘Hayyak’ at (107).
- A fee of QR50 applies except in case of non-GCC adult residents and their children, fees are QR100.
- In case of domestic staff, fees are upon the professions approved by the Ministry of Interior (MoI) for personal sponsorship.
How to Renew a Health Card
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) enables individuals, both citizens and residents, to renew their health cards and those of their family members.
Cards can also be renewed online via Hukoomi (link http://portal.www.gov.qa/) Qatar Government Portal.
- Fill out the online form entering all the required information.
- Enter Qatari ID number and select “Renew (Update Expiry Date)” in the “Card Information” page, then click on “Next”.
- Select “Number of Required Years” to renew the card and enter telephone number in the “Application Form” page.
- Enter your email if you select “Yes” to receive the receipt voucher by email.
- Enter cell phone number if you select “Yes” to receive SMS notification.
- Click on “Next” to move to the “Payment Details” page, then click on “Pay”.
- Pay appropriate fees and submit your application.
- Visit any HMC facility or a health center affiliated to the Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC).
- Submit the following documents:
- Qatari Adults: Cpy of valid ID or passport, and passport-size photo (4cmx3cm)
- Qatari Children: ID number and ld health card
- GCC Natinal Adult: Cpy of ID with Qatar personal identity number and old health card
- GCC Natinal Child: Cpy of ID with Qatar personal identity number and old health card
- Adult Residents: QID with valid residence permit and ld health card
- Children Residents: QID with valid residence permit, old health card and original QID of sponsor
- Dmestic Staff: QID with valid residence permit, ld health card and original QID of sponsor
- Pay appropriate fees.
- Cashier Counter at any HMC facility
- PHCC center nearest to where you live (Check map)
Applicable fees depend on the type of applicant as follows:
- Qatari adults and children: QR50
- GCC nationals, whether adults or children: QR50
- Residents, whether adults or children: QR100
- Domestic staff: QR50
- Health cards can be renewed online 24/7 or by visiting either the cashier counter of an HMC facility or the PHCC center nearest to where you live during the morning working hours.
- To know the coordinates of the different PHCC centers and the working hours of each, please visit the Health Centers section on PHCC website.