Doha: Ministry of Commerce and Industry has banned car washing in public and private parking lots, including outdoor parking lots in malls and on commercial streets.
It further stated that this activity shall be limited to licensed companies only and within the underground parking lots (the basement) of commercial and consumer malls, and with the approval of the entity to which the site belongs, provided that a suitable space is allocated for it, in terms of the number of parking spaces.
Additionally, the general and special requirements as per the laws and regulations must be adhered to, and they include:
– Allocating suitable places for car washing activities that contain drainage points
– Ensuring that employees wear clean and decent uniforms, on which the name of the company and the worker is indicated
– Maintaining the cleanliness of the surrounding space
– Abstaining from following and bothering clients
– Ensuring they provide and use modern means and clean tools when washing cars
– Adhering to all precautionary measures put in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry stressed that all concerned companies must adhere to the decision above and any violation of this decision exposes the perpetrators to legal accountability and procedure.