The mission of the Katara International Arabian Horse Festival (KIAHF) is to support Qatar’s rich equestrian heritage and promote it worldwide. It is organized by Cultural Village Foundation (Katara), Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club, and Qatar Equestrian Federation to promote the uniqueness of Purebred Arabian horses at the various local, regional, and international platforms by hosting a Title Show of magnificent Arabians. The Festival will include several related equestrian events and activities
VISION AND OBJECTIVES:
- Promote Qatar, which is a pioneer in breeding purebred Arabians, as a world-class hub for horses and equestrian sports; enhance Qatar’s standing in this discipline.
- Boost the confidence and pride of owners by presenting them with opportunities to participate in the various prestigious Arabian horse shows organized.
- Uphold the culture of “modernization and originality” in line with Qatar National Vision 2030.
Katara International Arabian Horse Festival (KIAHF) is a world-class event held under the patronage of HH the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani. KIAHF will be the largest equestrian sporting event hosted by Katara this season, among a series of events. The highlight of the five-day festival is the Title Show for purebred Arabians. As one of the world’s highest-ranked shows, only the finest horses will be eligible to participate. Qatar has earned a place of global distinction in conducting such shows of repute. The nation has previously hosted 29 international shows and championships for purebred Arabians. This is the first time the premier show is being hosted at Cultural Village Foundation, Katara. The festival will have various related cultural and educational activities. The Title Show has some distinct features: it is the first event of its kind being held by the waterfront, and the total prize money of 13,000,000 is one the highest awarded for such an event.
This Festival plays a key role in encouraging owners of purebred Arabians in Qatar. It inspires them to improve their breeding programs and nurture the beauty of the breed.
Owners are also encouraged to provide their horses with the optimum environment and training required to ensure their well-being.
Owners and breeders of champion horses can participate in this event with confidence, as the highest standards of integrity and fairness will be upheld during KIAHF, in accordance with the standards and rules set by European Conference of Arab Horse Organizations (ECAHO). Judges and officials are provided with regular training to ensure fair play and the humane treatment of the horses during the shows.
The various activities associated with KIAHF include:
- Auction of horses participating in the Title Show; Qatar is a global pioneer in this area.
- Exhibition – Equine postal stamps
- Painting – Saddle art
- Cube painting
- 3D Painting on the ground
- Sculpture art
- Display of horse-related books
- Exhibition: Equine photography
- Food and beverage stalls
- Parade of horses
- Street decoration: Katara’s main street will be lit up with Arabian-style lighting installation to create an exciting festival atmosphere
- Light show on the esplanade and amphitheater
- Closing ceremony
KIAHF will offer participants and visitors a delightful experience by showcasing the Qatari spirit and tradition and presenting them with a memorable fusion of the past, present, and future. It also seeks to strengthen the bond between purebred Arabians and the local community. Reflecting the tradition and spirit of Katara, KIAHF will offer a taste of something exceptional, exquisite, varied, and interesting!
Your traditional attire or business formals.
To know more about it click on link.