Effective from the 14th April 2022, the Ministry of Interior for the State of Qatar has mandated that all nationals with passports issued by India, Iran and Pakistan will be required to meet the following additional conditions in order to receive a ‘Visa on Arrival’:
- The visitor must have purchased hotel accommodation from the Discover Qatar website
- The Visa length will match the duration of the hotel stay purchased from Discover Qatar, from a minimum of 2 days and up to a maximum of 60 days
- Meet all other criteria as mandated by the Ministry of Interior
Please read the following FAQs and Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your booking.
Why do I have to book hotel accommodation from Discover Qatar to qualify for ‘Visa on Arrival’?
This has been mandated by the Ministry of Interior.
Does this apply to other types of Visa?
No, this only applies for ‘Visa on Arrival’ applications for Indian, Iranian and Pakistani Nationals.
I am visiting family in Qatar, do I have to book a Discover Qatar hotel?
The mandated requirement is that you must book hotel accommodation with Discover Qatar for the full length of your stay in order to qualify for a ‘Visa on Arrival’. There are other types of Visa available, such as family Visa. Please visit the Ministry of Interior website to understand the relevant requirements for other types of Visa.
Where can I book a Discover Qatar hotel?
You can purchase a ‘Visa on Arrival’ hotel from Discover Qatar in one of the following places:
- Use the hotel search on this page to book a hotel. These should only be booked by Indian, Iranian and Pakistani valid passport holders.
- Speak to your one of the following local travel agents who can make your booking on the Discover Qatar portal.
- List to be added
Is this a quarantine hotel booking?
No this is not a quarantine hotel booking. This is a ‘Visa on Arrival’ hotel booking. If quarantine is required, this will need to be booked separately and will also qualify for your ‘Visa on Arrival’ application.
Is there 24 hour check-in available?
No, please see individual hotel descriptions for their check-in times and ensure your booking dates are appropriate for your flight times.
Do I need to book a transfer to the hotel?
No, although you can book a transfer with Discover Qatar together with your hotel booking, for your convenience.
Can I apply for a ‘Visa on Arrival’ before I make a Discover Qatar hotel booking?
No, you cannot arrange Visa on Arrival before you arrive in Qatar.
Can I extend my visa once I am in Qatar?
Visa on Arrival can be extended up to a maximum of 60 days in total. A Discover Qatar hotel booking will be required for the entire duration.
What proof do I need to present of my Discover Qatar hotel booking?
You will be issued with a Discover Qatar hotel voucher once you have confirmed your hotel booking. This will be considered proof of purchase for your ‘Visa on Arrival’ application.
What if I am travelling to Qatar by land or by sea?
The same rules apply, you must have pre-booked a Discover Qatar hotel booking if you are expecting to apply for a ‘Visa on Arrival’.
Can I amend or cancel a booking?
Once a booking is made, amendments are not allowed. Cancellations are as follows:
- Up to 48 hours before the arrival date of your hotel booking you will be subject to a cancellation fee of QAR 100.
- Within 48 hours of arrival bookings will be subject to 100% cancellation fee.
The following exceptions to the above apply:
- Your flight was cancelled or changed by the airline.
- Compassionate grounds, supported by documentary evidence, such as a positive PCR test result preventing travel.
- Visa rejection by the authorities upon arrival into Qatar.
- The State of Qatar rules of entry into Qatar change in a way that materially affects your booking.
Can I check-out early and receive a refund?
There are no refunds for early check-out.
Can I call someone for assistance?
Yes, for assistance please call +974 4423 7103.